Air fryers are great tools to have in the kitchen. Most people use them for French fries, chicken, vegetables, and other foods. However, you can also make desserts in an air fryer.
Cooking with an air fryer is healthier than anything fried in a pan or deep-fried. You get that same crispy texture without all of the added oil and grease. Here, we aren’t just talking about using less oil for an air fryer but also the healthy ingredients. As you might guess, we will be incorporating a good deal of fruit into these desserts. So let’s take a closer look at a few healthy air fryer dessert recipes you can easily make at home in just minutes.
Air Fryer Grilled Peaches
Grilled peaches are a staple in many places. However, grilling peaches takes a lot of work and a good bit of time. However, you can easily air fry these peaches and achieve the same results, if not better.
If you air fry your peaches properly and use the right ingredients, you’ll have a super soft and sweet dessert with a slightly crisp outer layer.
These peaches are drizzled with high-quality maple syrup that caramelizes in the air fryer. Just like apple pie, this is something that goes well with vanilla ice cream and chopped nuts.
How to Make Air Fryer Grilled Peaches
- Turn on your air fryer and preheat it to 180° Celsius or 350° Fahrenheit.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the peaches in half.
- Remove the pits out of all of the peaches.
- Take the peaches and place them in the air fryer basket with the skin side down.
- Take the maple syrup and generously drizzle it over the peaches. If you want the peaches to be slightly crispy on the outside, you can mix a couple of teaspoons of sugar into the maple syrup; the sugar will really crisp up in the air fryer.
- Let the peaches cook in the air fryer for 8 to 12 minutes, or until they are soft. If you have very large peaches, they may take up to 15 minutes.
- Gently remove the peaches from the air fryer, put them in a bowl, and if you prefer, serve them with chopped nuts and ice cream.
Air Fryer Apple Chips
Apple chips are another healthy fruit-related dessert you can make in an air fryer. Apple chips are a great alternative to potato chips, as they contain more nutrients and fewer carbohydrates. In addition, they are perfectly sweet and delectable dessert.
Moreover, making apple chips in the air fryer only needs a couple of ingredients and a few minutes. Apple chips are a great dessert and also a healthy snack. They’re made without added oil or sugar, which is a bonus.
It’s also very affordable because you barely need any ingredients. Moreover, this recipe is gluten-free, low carb, paleo, ketogenic, and vegan, so anyone, whatever their dietary preference, can eat these air fryer apple chips.
All you will need for this recipe are your favorite apples. If you like something sweet, go for a McIntosh, but if you want something tarter and sourer, a Granny Smith is great. The only other ingredient you’ll need is cinnamon.
If you prefer your apple chips to be slightly crisper and sweeter, you can use several tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon; however, this will cut down on the healthiness of this dessert.
How to Make Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Preheat your air fryer to 180° Celsius or 350° Fahrenheit.
- Using either a sharp knife or a mandolin, which would probably be easier, slice the apples extremely thin. The thinner you can get them, the better the result.
- At this point, remove seeds.
- Put your sliced apples in a bowl and combine them with the cinnamon. You can use as much cinnamon as you want.
- Take the spiced apple slices, put them in the air fryer basket, and arrange them in a single layer. You do not want to pile them on top of each other, as they won’t get crispy.
- Allow the apple slices to cook between 8 and 10 minutes. Then, turn them and flatten them at least twice throughout the cooking process.
- Once they are done, you can remove them and put them in a bowl. If you have more apple slices to air fry, now is the time to do it.
Air Fried Banana Boats
This is the sweetest and richest air fryer dessert on our list. Now, in all reality, this is not the healthiest air fryer recipe.
However, it does have a banana, so at least there is fruit. After all, there is a limit to exactly how healthy this dessert can be.
These air-fried bananas are coated with crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips, and mini marshmallows. If you want to make things healthier, go for some semisweet or dark chocolate chips.
You can also go for low-sugar crushed graham crackers. Unfortunately, there is no way you can make marshmallows healthier, although you could technically just leave them out if you want. Either way, this is a crowd-pleaser—it’s something kids love, making an excellent camping dessert.
How to Make Air Fried Banana Boats
- Preheat your air fryer to 200° Celsius or 400° Fahrenheit.
- Keep the bananas in the peel, and use a sharp knife to slice them down the middle lengthwise.
- Gently pull the slit apart without ripping the whole banana. Next, take the miniature marshmallows and place a few of them inside the slit.
- Top the banana with the chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers.
- Place the bananas in the air fryer in a single layer. Never layer them on top of each other.
- Air fry the bananas until the peel is black, the inside is nicely toasted, and the chocolate is melted.
We only scratched the surface of healthy dessert recipes you can make in an air fryer. Generally speaking, these healthy dessert recipes will involve fruit, but you’re really just limited by your own creativity.
1 thought on “The 3 Best Healthy Air Fryer Dessert Recipes”
Pingback: Best Compact Air Fryer in 2022 - New School of Cooking