The ribeye is one of the most sought-after cuts of beef. Ribeye is tender and flavorful, mainly because there’s a bone that helps add flavor. Moreover, this cut of meat also has a good bit of fat, which allows it to stay really juicy and flavorful.
If you don’t have a barbecue, you might wonder how to cook a ribeye steak. Of course, you can cook it in a frying pan or in the oven, but these methods aren’t ideal. You run the risk of drying the steak out in an oven, and you’re cooking the ribeye in a lot of grease in a frying pan, and you’ll probably burn the outside.
Therefore, one of the best ways to cook a ribeye steak is with an air fryer that enables you to create perfectly cooked foods with crispy exteriors without the added oil of a deep fryer. Today, we’re going to discuss how to make an air fryer ribeye steak. First, we’ll talk about the basics and then give you a few recipe ideas.
Why Make an Air Fryer Ribeye Steak?
You might wonder why you would put a ribeye steak in the air fryer. After all, most people will tell you that an open flame is best for cooking beef.
Cooking cuts of beef, especially steak, in an air fryer is not common. However, due to the various benefits, it is becoming more popular as the years go on.
People have realized that cooking a ribeye steak or any other cut of beef inside an air fryer produces excellent results. So let’s look at why using an air fryer to cook a ribeye steak is ideal.
- Unlike a frying pan, you barely need any oil in an air fryer. Therefore, cooking with an air fryer is healthier than cooking a steak in an oil-laden frying pan.
- If you are cooking a steak in an oven, getting a good sear on the outside and a nice brown color can be difficult. However, you will get a crispy and golden brown steak every time because of how an air fryer works.
- Air fryers have exceptional temperature control and come with timers. You can set the temperature and time if you know how thick and heavy your steak is. This creates perfect cooking results every time.
- With an air fryer, you can cook plain steaks if you want. However, you can also combine your steaks with other foods and cook them simultaneously. Air fryers are incredibly versatile.
How Long and How Hot to Cook a Ribeye in an Air Fryer?
As previously mentioned, air fryers have excellent temperature control. You want a ribeye steak to be medium-rare or medium at the most. The length of time and temperature will depend on how you like it.
For instance, if you have a 16-ounce ribeye steak that you want to be cooked to medium doneness, you will cook it at 400° F for 16 minutes or 8 minutes on each side. However, if you would like it medium-rare, cook it at 400° degrees for about 13 to 14 minutes, or about 6.5 to 7 minutes per side.
The thickness of the steak must also be considered. It might take a bit of trial and error for you to get the perfect result. However, once you have both the temperature and the time down, then you should be able to produce a perfectly cooked steak every time.
Perfect Air Fryer Ribeye Steak Cooking Tips
Let’s go over some air fryer ribeye steak cooking tips to achieve the best results. These are simple tips to follow but very important, nonetheless.
- Always let your ribeye steak come up to room temperature before cooking. This is the case with all cuts of beef, but especially for steak.
- When you season your steak before putting it in the air fryer, really rub the seasoning in and press it into the steak; otherwise, it won’t stick.
- Ensure that your air fryer is preheated to the desired temperature before putting the steak inside. You don’t want to put your steak inside a cold air fryer.
- For the best results, flip your ribeye steak halfway through the cooking time.
- When your ribeye is done cooking, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for four to five minutes. Cutting into the steak right after cooking will cause all the juices to flow out and result in a very dry cut of beef.
- If you aren’t sure about the cooking time and temperature, especially in terms of the thickness of your ribeye steak, use a meat thermometer.
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak Recipes and Ideas
We have some suggestions if you aren’t quite sure how to season your ribeye steak.
- Most people recommend using just salt and pepper for high-quality beef. Salt and pepper will add flavor to the beef yet won’t overpower it. Instead, it will allow the taste of the beef to stand out.
- If you like things slightly spicier and more well-seasoned, you can try adding a little garlic and onion powder to the mix. Some people like to add a bit of paprika. Use the spices you like, but not too many. You want the flavor of the beef to be the star of the show.
- Suppose you want something a little more southern. You can make a chicken-fried steak, and use flour, an egg wash mixture, and bread crumbs to bread the steak, just like a piece of fried chicken. The cool thing is that you can add all of your favorite seasonings to the flour and the bread crumbs. If you plan on making gravy, the chicken-fried steak is a great thing to make.